Perhaps we know more about the world than we used to, ... But knowledge is not as much a prerequisite to understanding as is commonly supposed. We do not have to know everything about something in order to understand it; too many facts are often as much of an obstacle to understanding as too few. There is a sense in which we moderns are inundated with facts to the detriment of understanding.
-- Mortimer Adler, How to Read a Book
- It's hard to have strong, deep, discussions without finding like minded individuals to discuss with
- Few guides on how to create connections and mental models from what is being read
- Book clubs have their own pace which won't always fit in with your schedule or goals
One way to gain understanding is to have guided discussions which bring fresh perspectives and through
point-counter point, new ideas develop and understanding deepens. This is also how mental models and connections develop. This is why reading is exciting and so
satisfying. It enhances our understanding of the world. These are the problems Qitab is taken head on.
What Qitab Offers
- Makes it easy to have deep discussions using guided questions which you can answer and review later
- Well established guides so that you can get the most out of your reading experience
Deep discussions are difficult but they are crucial. Qitab offers chapter by chapter
discussion questions on the books you're reading which you can answer and reference in the future.
These answers become the basis of your discussions and form a common ground for you to work from.
You can go at your pace and begin sharing when you're absolutely ready -- there's no book club
whose arbitrary pace you have to follow.
The guided questions take you along for the book but what if you want a path to better understand
a topic? With Qitab's guides this becomes simpler. You can start on the path knowing that the light
at the end of the tunnel is not a train.
If you would like to stay updated on Qitab's development, sign up below.